Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My favorite & least favorite thing about this class...

My favorite things about this class were that first off it was online, and second my group members. I have to say that I really enjoyed taking this course online. Even though sometimes I had a hard time keeping up with the blogs, I enjoyed writing every week and the process of posting it online. I also liked taking the tests online and being able to do everything from home, at my own paste. My second favorite thing from this class was my group members. Most of the times, when I get assigned a group, I somehow always end up with people who do not put as much effort as I do. However, the group that I had for this class was really great. We all got along great and actually had a lot of fun every time we met. We were really understanding of everyone's schedules and were always able to help one another when one of us was not understanding something or was not able to make a meeting. Overall my group members made this class a lot easier and more fun.
My least favorite thing about this class was the fact that we had to wait 12 hours in between posts. I know that speaking for myself, I have a very busy schedule as I'm taking 6 classes and have ice skating practice every single day. I therefore wish that we could have done all the posts at once. It would have been a lot easier for me personally.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Elsie,
    I totally agree with all of your statements in this post. I, too, loved the online aspect of this course. With other classes, work, etc. having the option to complete the coursework for this class at my leisure from the comfort of my own home was very nice. I also agree about the group members. There is nothing more frustrating than getting stuck in a group where the other members of the group aren't dedicating as much time and effort as you. And finally, my only critique about the class was the 12 hour time constraint as well - most of the time there was no problem, however, some weeks it was hard to fit everything in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elsie! I totally agree with you on how I loved that this class was online. We all got an online class for a reason right!? On the other hand, I also agree with the fact that it was a bit difficult to keep up with the blogging, due to the time restrictions and limitations per blog. However that fact, I enjoyed meeting a fraction of the class as well, since we had to get together in person to work on the assigned group projects together. Because of that, you and I got to meet, and I'm glad to say that we got along great! You're an awesome person, and it was nice meeting you =)

    - abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear Elsie, I totally know what you are talking about for the 12 hour gaps between each blog post. I personally found it inconvenient at times, but I luckily did not experience it too much. The simple solution I made for it was make all three posts and put it in a word doc. Every 12 hour gap, copy and paste your prepared blog post. Of course the 12 hour gap makes a difference, but it is the least you can do to make work more efficient. Also, I envy the fact that your group was very cooperative. Usually I do not get a group like that, and this time I got a some what non cooperative group. For the first two projects, all five of us worked together, but for the last one only one did not contribute. Three of us in our group worked well, one did work but not exactly quality work. Another one gave me heart attacks because I never had a clue if that person would do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Like you, I also like how this class is online and very easy to follow because how responsive and nice Professor Perez is. Not only that but getting to make things work with the assigned group even if it is online feels like a great accomplishment because we can do work at the comfort of our own place. The blog post also gave us the opportunity to manage our time and be able to do things during our available time and we’re not rushed to finish things because due dates are given in advance. I truly enjoyed all your posts! Good luck with the final as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to hear that you liked this class overall. It is also good to hear that you got a group that actually cooperated with you! I know how you feel when you said that when you are put into group assignments, you feel that you are doing most of the work while everyone else is being lazy. Personally, I disliked being in group assignments because sometimes I am on the same boat. Surprisingly, my online group was not that bad. In fact, they were not even lazy at all (or at least I did not think they were). As for the 12 hour gap, I personally did not see a huge problem in it, but knowing that you ice skate and take 6 classes, I would understand. Anyways, it is good to hear that you did not think negatively of this class. Hope you do well for the final!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post Elise, I totally agree with you on your post. Being apart of the group was fun even though I was the back leg of the donkey. But we worked very efficiently in the group projects. I liked how you gave a hundred and ten percent effort to our project and assumed the role of group leader. Without you in our group we would not have our meetings and etc. You pull a good point that the online homework is very enjoyable because we can go at our own pace for the readings. The homework was fun to post things up too. Good luck on the final.

    ReplyDelete