Friday, October 22, 2010

Assignments

The main thing I learned from both the assignments we have been assigned in this class is how to communicate and work well with group members. I learned that it can be very hard to schedule a meeting according to everyone's schedules. However, my group members were all very understanding which made it very easy to communicate and organize ourselves. It has also been a good experience to get to know people online and then meet in person. These assignments also taught me how to be more responsible as other people depend on my work as well. It also taught me how to be organized and make sure my work was turned in on time.
The second assignment was also really interesting. My group decided to work on the Red Cross which I thought was one of the most interesting organizations out there. The assignment was really interesting and enriching.
Overall, I felt that the assignments were very helpful because not only were they about interesting topics, they also taught me a lot about organization and communication.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elsie!

    I particularly like this blog of yours because I definitely know where you're coming from. Taking part in group projects, especially ones from online courses, teach you a lot more than what a normal class project normally would. Since we're in the same group, I know how difficult it can be to set up a time where we're all free and available to work, especially with the crunch time from other classes and our personal schedules. These group projects definitely taught me to be more responsible and on top of things as well, since there is no one there to remind you but yourself.. and in our case, maybe some responsible group members such as yourself ! Thanks for all the extra effort you've input into our group projects, to make up for the lack of effort in some other members'... LOL!

    In addition to that, I also feel as if the second group project was interesting. At least.. a lot more than the first one! The second one did teach me a whole lot about the organization, and was very informative.

    ReplyDelete