Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mission Critical Website

I overall felt that the Mission Critical Website was a great review for everything we have studied in class so far. "The Basics" as stated on the websites were some of the first topics we studied in class; some which I had forgotten a little I have to admit. It was therefore great to read through them again to remember what they were. The "Fallacies and Non-Rational Persuasion" was also a very interesting part of the website. i think it is the one I enjoyed reading the most because it concentrated on fallacious appeals as well as other common fallacies which is something we just studied. I found it very helpful because it went into depth and explained the different fallacies very well. I therefore felt that the website not only explained them very well but also helped me remember what they were and how to use them. The 40 fallacy review exercises were also very helpful. Practice is always good, and in this case it really helps one understand what fallacies are and how to use them, etc.

I will definitely make sure to bookmark this website so I can use it to study for our final ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elsie! I was just commenting on another one of our classmate's blog saying the same things as what you've mentioned above in yours! I too found this website to be very useful and informative when it comes to touching bases with everything we've learned, including concepts and terms we've gone over throughout our class. I think this website did a great job in going far into detail with explaining some of these things, and reviewing what we've already gone over. Like you, I'm also planning to go back and use this website as practice / study guide for when the time for finals roll through! Good luck on yours, and great job with this post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elsie, I really enjoyed your post of the Mission Critical Website. It was fun to read and had a lot of good information that I agree with. I also thought that the Mission Critical Website was a great review to what we have learned in class and of the basics. I also thought the most interesting part of the website was the Fallacies and Non-Rational Persuasion”. I agree that it was interesting to read because of how it focused on the Fallacious appeals and the other common fallacies that we have been studying this semester. Overall I liked and agreed with your post and I hope you keep it up.

    ReplyDelete